NDI OBS can provide two different features in one that is more fun to try, especially if you are an intense broadcaster.
The need for higher and complicated broadcasting certainly can not be simply transferred on one main device, it needs the support of other devices to divide the tasks in loading content to reduce the burden of consumption on resources to be lighter.
Many ask, is it possible to take content from the OBS work screen window to other OBS in different devices, or OBS to other broadcasting software such as streamlabs?
The answer can certainly be by utilizing NDI (Network Device Interface).
Install NDI OBS
NDI is a utility that can collaborate work applications into a unified entity that is interconnected, content that is loaded in one application window can be retrieved and integrated with other applications.
OBS Studio itself has supported the utilization of this NDI and becomes an advantage that will be felt by advanced users for a more interesting experience.
To be able to use NDI OBS then need additional packages installed, please follow the following instructions:
1. Please download NDI Version support here, get the version according to the operating system you use, more commonly windows with .exe file extension or get the .zip version to get a more secure installer package.
2. Install the downloaded application, and open the OBS Studio software
3. If successful, the NDI feature can be found in tools > NDI Output settings
4. There is Main Output and Preview output, please check both to activate, name according to the desire to distinguish it and facilitate the search for sources on other media.
5. Calling NDI from OBS to other OBS can be tethered to the source menu > NDI source > name and select the source that has been created in the previous OBS.
6. Demo will try to call the content on obs to streamlabs by adding source ndi streamlabs, it looks like below
7. See how the content of the obs work canvas can be taken to the streamlabs work canvas.
8. To perform on different devices, then both devices must be in the same connection network, later the broadcast will be done on the network.
To call content over a network such as NDI, the network transmission media is recommended using a LAN cable to be stable and not burdensome when compared to wifi.
Another thing to note is the network access settings on the device, where the sharing settings have been allowed, turned off, disabling passwords on the sharing of the device and most importantly changing the access of the private network on the device to the public.
9. Change the access of private networks to the public can do go to the open network & internet settings, quick access with a right-click on the wifi icon or computer from the network access used is at the bottom right of the windows window, then
10. On the status menu in Network & Internet, select properties on the network used
11. Please change from private to public, so that the device is recognized by other devices and can share obs content
The change in the private network access to the public is a major secret issue, where people do not know it and fail to broadcast content through NDI.
In addition, firewall packages that can block some services can be temporarily disabled if the NDI source cannot be recognized on other devices and after that do not forget to reboot the device after making changes.
Network customization efforts are very supportive of how this process can be successful, ranging from access from the same source so that it can broadcast to other devices, and adjustments to each device to open access.
You can use hub/switch to make LAN network traffic well managed, and ensure the initial network source and end.
The interesting thing about using NDI OBS is that it can connect and share content without overloading performance on the main device.
Learn more about the use of studio obs, as well as see other services that can be added to obs such as countdown timers, or the addition of streaming devices such as stream decks that can facilitate scene displacement. read more NDI obs